Monday, April 29, 2013

Lowden Farm 6×8

I've decided to change my approach to outdoor painting.  After too many unsuccessful attempts my new strategy is to scout potential sites with my camera.  I will then come home and sort through my photographs, making pencil sketches of the ones I like and working on composition and value.  At a later date I will return to the field with my painting supplies and a clear vision of what I want to achieve.  The painting process should be much more enjoyable, I should be much more relaxed in knowing where I'm going to set up, what my basic design will look like, and what my values will be.  The only thing left to do will be to place the right pigment in the right place.  How hard can that be?

This is a painting I did from a photograph.  It's of a very picturesque farm located just west of Walla Walla, WA.




Thanks for viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment