Friday, May 17, 2013

Park City Barn 7×14

This is a painting I did a few weeks ago using a photograph reference.  This barn is in Park City, UT;  I took the photo when we were there last summer.  It is a bit monocromatic; in the future I would like to work more color into my grays and neutrals.



It has been almost two weeks since I last painted and it actually feels pretty good.  I think I was beginning to develop a bit of an overuse injury, with the main symptom being that I was becoming increasingly concerned about the end product, and feeling fatigued and frustrated by the process.  I want to apply the less is more approach not only to the construction of an individual painting, but to my painting practice as a whole.  Rather than churning out the paintings with hopes of improvement and recognition, I think it's time to slow down and take a more holistic and sustainable approach.

Thanks for viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment